28.8.08

Campus hiring-2008/09 @ my office

This month had been very busy and full of work. I've had the pleasure to visit the top engineering colleges of the Northern part of the country and scout for fresh talent to join our office.

I am never short of being amazed at the breakneck speed with which we are moving; technology, intelligence, knowledge, attitude to name just a few things. The students now are much more aware of their environment. They are much more clear of what they want to do and how they want to do. All the candidates's that I've hired so far have been "Rockstars" in their own way. No wonder the companies are shelling out the rectangular paper in mind boggling numbers. I am certainly not averse to the idea of paying the deserving. However, I just get a lil anxious re: their future path. On second thoughts I am sure they're sure of sustaining the good work that they've done so far.

I've been involved in hiring of people at all the levels of hierarchy in all the departments. However, fresher hiring is simply the most interesting hiring. Nothing beats the energy of a 21 year old chap; full of exuberance, confidence, knowledge, creative thinking and desire to get the job. You can just see it in their eyes the need to get the job. And its not just monetary aspect that drives them. They genuinely want to mark their presence in the professional world and aspire to reach unprecedented heights. However, you'd also come across folks who cut a sorry figure. They are normally not really bothered about job or placements. I wouldn't really like to talk about them at this moment.

Last but definitely not the least, you get a chance to meet new people, visit new places and expand your knowledge. I'm lovin it.

No comments: